Subjects

Friday, January 28, 2011

Mozart


Mozart's birthday is January 27th.
So we learned about him with my two-year old today.
Here is the lesson.
I showed her a picture of Mozart and asked her who it was.
I told her his name. We repeated it quite a few times.
Alisa was having a hard time with his gender. She kept calling Mozart a girl. I guess it's the hair.
Then I told her that Mozart was a composer and explained who the composer is.
I related the "writing music" part to the music she likes. I said that music to "I am a child of God" was written by a composer too.
Then we learned that Mozart was born in Austria and found it on the world map. We love Geography.
We also listened to his music (just a piano piece that I had on a CD). She couldn't handle the whole thing, but just a little bit is okay too.
The whole thing ended with a fun part - Baby Mozart.
Throughout the day we reviewed things that we learned.

1. Mozart
2. composer
3. Austria

Happy teaching, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment